More great breakfast ideas from Trader Joe’s website (Click here to view) If you have not visited the Trader Joe’s website in a while, take a quick trip there now, you will like what you see!
A few days ago, we were paging through the online Trader Joe’s Frequent Flyer catalog, and saw some new ideas in the recipe area. Many looked like they would not only be easy but tasty made with the good stuff from Trader Joe’s.
OK they all looked fabulous but the one that really stood out for us was the Blueberry Waffle Bling. This was most likely due to the fact we LOVE blueberries and “cream” (such as whipped cream or creamy yogurt or even sour cream). There is a recipe (PDF) that you can download, print and take shopping with you at Trader Joe’s- How convenient!
Note: This PDF did take quite a while to load so be prepared for a small wait. This could be due to the fact we had a LOT of stuff open on the computer, but we wanted to let you all know.
Anyway the clever folks at Trader Joe’s started with two Trader Joe’s Toaster Waffles and then jazzed them up with a great sounding filling of: cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and some fresh or frozen blueberries. From the look of the photo, they used the frozen blueberries which would have a nice, blue sauce to drip or drizzle on the waffles.
What you need (4 servings):
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Frozen Waffles
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Cream Cheese
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Blueberries (we like the frozen mixed berries)
- 2 TBS. Trader Joe’s Sugar
- 1 tsp. Trader Joe’s Vanilla
1. Mix up the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl or even in the food processor. You can soften up the cream cheese by zapping it in the microwave for 10 seconds, then waiting 30 seconds and repeating a couple more times until the cream cheese is slightly soft. You don’t want it to melt. After mixing in the sugar and the vanilla, taste to see if you like how it tastes, as you may want to add more sugar or vanilla. Set aside. You could make this mixture a few days before-so that you have this part ready ahead of time.
2. Toast the waffles according to package directions. When hot, spread the cream cheese on one waffle; add some blueberries and then top with another waffle, more cream cheese and more fruit. You can serve this with some Trader Joe’s real maple syrup if you like.
- Use other fruit such as Strawberries or Mango chunks.
- Add some lemon peel to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add Maple syrup to the cream cheese mixture- Taste to see if you need/want to add the sugar as well.
This looks so fabulous on the web page, we are defiantly going to try this recipe soon.
Have you tried it before? What did you think?