Here is a great, easy recipe from British Chef Jamie Oliver.
We were checking out Jamie’s website last week, and this wonderful recipe just sorta “poped” off the computer screen. Maybe it was the chicken legs all brown and toasty looking, or maybe all those little cherry tomatoes. It is hard to tell, but we can tell you that once we saw that photo, we were making out our shopping list for a trip to Trader Joe’s to purchase all the needed supplies. (OK- we are not the biggest fans of red chili so we did not include that in our recipe)
- Chicken Legs (or leg quarters, but we bought legs ’cause we like them)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- One head/ bulb of garlic
- Olive Oil/ Salt/ Pepper
Serve with some crusty bread to grab all the sauces!
Ohhhh the smells……
This easy one-pot dish that just smells heavenly while you let it cook away (yes the directions say to cook for one and a half hours! eeks that was a LONG time to smell someting this good.)
We sorta followed the recipe that Jame had on the website. Here was how we cooked this delicious dish:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown the chicken legs in a pan.
2. While the chicken is browning, separate the garlic into individual cloves and set aside.
3. Wash the basil in a bowl of water and rinse. Then pull the leafs off the stems, and set aside.
4. Wash the cherry tomatoes and then cut in half.
5. Place the garlic cloves, the basil and the tomatoes into a pan. Toss them together with a few spoonfuls of olive oil.
6. Place the browned chicken legs on top. Next time we make this, we will brown the chicken a bit more.
7. Into the oven for one hour and thirty minutes. Stir half-way through the cooking, but be sure to keep all the chicken on the top of the dish. It will brown better that way.
Well, what do you think? Again let us caution you that the smells that came from the kitchen while this was cooking were just unbelievable.
We hope you try this Easy Chicken Dinner sometime soon!