I was searching around the internet this morning for something unusual to make for Meatless Monday dinner tonight. OK ~I was also secretly searching for a recipe that I could cook from all the ingredients I already had in the house too…. And…. success! I found a great-sounding and great-tasting recipe…Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic sauce! This recipe uses a can of garbanzo beans, pasta, garlic, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese to make what sounds like a rich and garlicky combination. While I did not have all the ingredients mentioned (I have most), and I am sure that the addition of those extra ingredients would make it even better!
Here is a video from the website that I found this recipe at if you would like to watch:
What you need:
- Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Smashed
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 bag your favorite pasta (we used whole wheat spirals)
- Tomatoes (we chopped up 2 Roma Tomatoes)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese
1. In a small saucepan, heat garlic in olive oil and saute for a minute. Add drained chickpeas and 1 cup vegetable stock and allow sauce to simmer for 15 minutes.
2. While sauce is cooking, cook and drain your noodles.
3. Carefully puree sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth~ you might have to do this in batches depending on the size of your processor.
4. In a bowl combine sauce, tomatoes, chopped garlic, lemon juice and pasta. Toss gently and sprinke with Parmesan cheese.
We are planning to serve this pasta dish with a salad and maybe some garlic bread ~ It sounds like it will be sorta like hummus! We are planning to have a bit leftover and I am betting that this will taste even better tomorrow for lunch as all that garlic flavor develops!
Here is a video if you want to watch and see how easy this recipe is and the full list of ingredients ~ Including the ones that I did not have! HA
Let us know what you though of this recipe? What additions did you make? (Peas… Asparagus tips….)