Here is an easy soup recipe that we made last night. We like to have the basic ingredients on hand for those nights when you wish to make a quick soup. Like those days when the weather gets suddenly cool and you think “gee I wish we could have soup tonight” without a lot of prep and running around.
We call this Trader Joe’s EZ soup.
This soup starts with some basic ingredients, and then you can add other items to jazz it up, or leave it as is- that is up to you.
Another idea: make this soup on a weekly basis, as an easy and great way to use up leftover vegetables and meat and rice and pasta. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination (and how hungry you are)
- Trader Joe’s Stock in a box- any kind you like
- Trader Joe’s Organic Foursome frozen mixed veggies
- Trader Joe’s garbanzo beans
- Trader Joe’s white beans
Combine these ingredients in a pan and heat till boiling, then simmer for 5- 30 minutes to blend the flavors. If you have the time/ desire, cook some diced onions and garlic in the pan for 5 minutes before adding the beans. Then you can season the soup with salt and pepper, Trader Joe’s seasoning blends or whatever you prefer.
- ½ to 1 jar spaghetti sauce (good way to use up leftovers)
- Cooked short noodles like penne
- Trader Joe’s Italian seasoning mix
- Cooked sausages cut into chunks
- Add leftover diced chicken
- Egg noodles or cooked rice
Here is one of our Trader Joe’s EZ soups with some leftover smoked pork shoulder and a can of diced green chilies added for some kick! (go leftovers, go leftovers- our neighbor just LOVED this soup).
Enjoy this recipe and let us know how you jazzed up your Trader Joe’s EZ soup