Trader Joe’s Recipe Revamp- Shallot Vinaigrette
We had a chance to catch Rachel Ray’s 30 minute meals on Monday.
It was like seeing an old friend again, as it has been a long time since we have had a chance to watch 30 Minute Meals. FUN!
So, as usual Rachel makes a fantastic looking meal. But what really caught our eye (and our taste buds) was her Bistro Style Shallot Vinaigrette. This looked just fantastic, so we tried it tonight. Now we did not have the exact ingredients that Rachel Ray used on her show, but thanks to Trader Joe’s, the ingredients were all close, and the resulting dressing was just wonderful!!
Trader Joe’s Recipe Revamp: Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2TBS grated shallots (we did not have shallots, so we used ½ a garlic clove and some sweet onion for the rest)
- 2 TBS Orange Marmalade
- 3 TBS Dijon Mustard (we just bought Trader Joe’s Whole Grain Dijon Mustard, and used that, but only 1 TBS to make sure it was not too mustardy for us)
- 2 TBS sherry vinegar (we used Trader Joe’s apple cider vinegar)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. In a bowl, add the grated shallots (or onion-garlic mixture), the Orange Marmalade, the Dijon Mustard and the Vinegar. Whisk together until smooth and combined.
2. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, as you continue to whisk. Add salt and Pepper.
3. Taste and see if you would like more mustard, more marmalade or if you need more Salt and pepper.
We served this wonderful dressing on a spinach salad (spinach, onions, tomatoes and carrots) with some roasted fish on top. It was a hit! We will defiantly make this dressing again.